Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Article

I recently read a new article that was written about Affirmative Action as it pertains to education. As many of you may or may not know Affirmative Action is used throughout colleges and universities in our country. This affects all of us because it means that someone that is a minority may be accepted on the basis of race, religion, or handicap over someone that may have better grades. I know that this sounds really bad but after reading the article I had to rethink my original opinion. I hadn't originally considered the fact that the schools that are in more upper class neighborhoods have more funds available therefore often providing better educations to those in that district. That means those with the money to give to the schools have better educations than those living in inner city areas. Coming from a social justice perspective, how is this fair? In my opinion, it's only fair to have Affirmative Action in place to allow everyone the same rights. Below is a link to the article. I am sure you will find it interesting.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/04/08/affirm

I also saw this cartoon and found it fitting for the subject. Remember all Americans deserve the same rights!


MySpace Comments - USA, United States and American
MySpace Layouts - USA, United States and American
Free Comments & Graphics

No comments: